OTTAWA AUTISM COMMUNITY
ANNUAL FAMILY PICNIC
Sunday, June 8, 2014
12 Noon-3 PM
Brewer Park (Seneca St. off Sunnyside) is a sprinkler water park, so bring your suits and get wet! The Annual Family Picnic is a great time to celebrate the start of summer, see old friends, meet new friends and frolic in the park. Below is a list of planned activities. Some items and activities, like the food, are at a low cost or you can bring your own picnic lunch! Hope to see you there!!
Activities & Features:
B.B.Q. HAMBURGERS, HOT DOGS, DRINKS, CHIPS, COOKIE DECORATING, FISH POND, BALLOONS, COTTON CANDY & SNOW CONES (low cost) *FREE*: WATERMELON, BUBBLE PLAY, MOON BOUNCE && GIANT SLIDE INFLATABLES
2:00 PM –19th ANNUAL RAFFLE DRAW 2:30 PM - WATER BALLOON TOSS (**PRIZES**) “Pick ‘n Pay” table of children’s toys, clothes and household items (gently used or small defects)
** IN ADDITION, WE WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY TUNIS SHRINE KLOWNS! BACK AGAIN – Heather Unhola from “A Little Bit of Bling” Face Painting & Body Art BBQ courtesy of The Gathering Church
For more information call, (613) 741-8255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: 2 years the water play was unfortunately not working – it is this year– so bring your swim wear!
We will also need VOLUNTEERS to help run the event! Here are the areas where help is needed:
- Load-Up at office at 8:30 AM – Load-Out at office at 3:30 PM
- Set-Up- 2 persons 10:30 AM - Noon
- BBQ - 3-4 persons 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM This year Enbridge was unable to supply us with their BBQ and student - so we are fortunate to be able to borrow a BBQ from The Gathering Church! BUT will need Volunteers to help cook, take tickets & hand out food.
- Snacks/Drinks Table - 2 persons 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM (can be one shift or 2 shifts of 2 hours each)
- Ticket Sales - 2 persons 11:30 AM - 3 PM
- Fish Pond - 1 Volunteer 11:30 AM - 3 PM (also can be split shifts)
- Cookie Decorating Table - 2 Volunteers 11:30 AM - 3 PM (also can be split shifts)
- Raffle Draw - 2-4 Volunteers to sell tickets/help with draw 12 Noon to 2:30 PM
- Inflatable Duty -4 persons (2 for each) - 12:30 - 2:30 PM
- Clean-Up - 2 persons 2:30 - 3:30 PM
This is a great opportunity for students to get their volunteer hours! Please contact Children at Risk at (613) 741-8255 or email email@example.com if you can help!
*We also need one Volunteer with a truck or van to help load and transport supplies from Children at Risk at 9 AM Sunday morning. Please call the office at (613) 741-8255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can offer this service! (Still needed)