2018 Top Lucky Thirteen Celebrities (FINAL)
- Tappa Hair Salon & Beauty Bar – Carlingwood
- Jennifer Chamberlain RE/MAX Affiliates Realty
- Desjardins Caisee populaire Trillium
- Sky High Snow Removal & Roofing
- Doc & Woody – 106.1 CHEZ
- Dean Brown - TSN 1200
- Subway, Carlingwood Shopping Centre
- Prince of Wales/Algonquin Animal Hospitals
- Ottawa New Year’s Eve Charity Ball
- Ottawa Redblacks Football Team
- Bruce Garrioch – Ottawa Citizen/Ottawa Sun Sports
- Matt Demers – Hollywood In The Valley
- Morning Hot Tub – The New HOT 89-9
Special Mention: Sandra& Chris KISS FM, 1310 News, Ottawa Senators, Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group, boom & JUMP! FM, Rebel 101.7 FM, City of Ottawa Mayor & Councillors,Local Businesses, MP & MPP’s
Merivale Mall, Place d’Orléans, Carlingwood & Billings Bridge Shopping Centres
TOTAL FUNDS RAISED FOR CHILDREN AT RISK (Supporting Autistic Children): $13,841
We Are Pump(kin)ed!
23rd ANNUAL CELEBRITY PUMPKIN CONTEST – OCTOBER 25-28, 2018
HOW Bidding Works
Thank you for joining our On-line 23rd Celebrity/Business Pumpkin Auction for 2018. This auction has changed this year to only being an on-line auction for the Pumpkins and their Packages. The viewing of the pumpkins is still possible at one of the 4 Mall locations where you can also purchase ballots to vote for your favourite pumpkin designs and each ballot provides one entry into a prize draw for three fabulous prizes.
How can I bid on Pumpkin Prize Packages?
Only those that register to bid at childrenatrisk.vonality.com can access the auction and place their bids. There are no bidding sheets at the Malls.
Who are the Celebrity Carvers?
Newspaper, Radio, Television and Sports personalities along with Ward, Provincial and Federal Politicians and any businesses or private individuals that wish to participate. All have graciously taken the time to Face carve or decorate a pumpkin and provide prize packages to tempt bidders. All funds raised are for Children At Risk as all 3rd party companies have generously provided their goods or services.
What are the Ballot tickets and what do they cost?
The Ballot tickets can only be purchased at the Malls for $1 each, 3 for $2 or 10 for $5. You must put your name and telephone number on the back of each one. You then put the Ballot ticket in the individual tubs to vote for your favourite pumpkins.
Each ballot ticket purchased provides one opportunity to win one of three prizes. Winners of the 3 draws will be able to choose their prize in the order drawn.
- Prize 1 - Raptor Road Trip valued at $1475. 2 Platinum tickets to Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers Friday 21st December 7 p.m. Row 7 and includes access to the Chairman’s suite + 1 night’s stay at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale Hotel including free breakfast & Free Parking + a 3 day AVIS weekend rental of a full size vehicle.
- Prize 2 - RCA 50” 4K UHD Smart TV with Roku OS valued at $575.
- Prize 3 - 16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6” Tablet valued at $330.
All Ballot tickets and the change in each Celebrities pot is tallied each night in all 4 malls and the top 13 Carvers advised of the ranking in this competition to see whose pumpkin is liked most by the general public for their creativity or artistry with an ultimate winner announced Sunday evening. You can buy ballots for the Prize Draw up until 5 p.m. on Sunday 28th October. Ballot prize draw winners will be notified by telephone late afternoon/early evening on Monday 29th October.
Where are the Pumpkins Located?
You can still choose to bid only on those Pumpkins at your nearest Mall by clicking on the Mall Name to the left of the page. Otherwise you can check out all pumpkins. Each one will clearly identify where the pumpkin is located.
- Carlingwood Shopping Centre, 2011 Carlingwood Ave, Ottawa. K2A 1H2.
- Lincoln Field Shopping Centre, 2525 Carlingwood Ave, Ottawa. K2B 7Z2
- Merivale Mall, 1642 Merivale Road, Nepean. K2G 4A1
- Place D’Orleans, 110 Place D’Orleans Drive, Ottawa. K1C 2L9
When does the auction end?
The auction ends at 3 p.m. on Sunday 28th October and the Lead or Highest bidder will be emailed that they are the ultimate winner. No one will call you.
How can I pay for my Prize Package – What proof do I need?
The auction will email you an invoice following your winner notification which you can pay using Credit Cards or Paypal. The Auction will then send you an email of a receipt showing payment. You can either print this out or show the image on your phone to the Mall Manager as proof of purchase. Cash payments can be accepted at the Malls and alternative payment arrangements can be accepted at the office from noon to 8 p.m. on Monday 29th October.
If you have winning bids at only one Mall location or have time to get to multiple Malls, you can go to that Mall and present your receipt. You will also be asked for picture identification.
What if I send someone to pick up the Pumpkin & Prize Package on my behalf?
If sending someone on your behalf, they will require a print out of your receipt of payment, a picture of your ID and a written note providing their name and address and that they have your permission to pick up your Pumpkin Package. They will also be asked to show their own Picture ID. Which needs to match the details in your note.
What if I win the prize package and can’t get to the Mall before closing?
If you have winning bids at multiple Mall locations and you can not arrive before closing at 5 p.m. on Sunday, please contact the Mall Manager at the telephone numbers below and advise them of the following:
- Whether you wish to keep the actual pumpkin – check on it’s condition as rotting pumpkins will need to be disposed of. This does not affect the bid price of the Prize Package as the pumpkin its self is not factored into the value. Any decorations will be kept for you where possible.
- Whether you will be able to pick up the pumpkin before the Mall closes at 5 p.m. on Sunday
- If unable to pick up by 5 p.m. Sunday that you will pick-up all pumpkins from the Children At Risk office at 235 Donald street on Monday between noon and 8 p.m. or will make alternative arrangements.
- If you only have pumpkins at Place D’Orleans but can not pick them up by 5 p.m. please call the Mall Manager to arrange pick-up from an Orleans’ homeowner, otherwise the pumpkin will be returned to the Donald Street office.
At 5 p.m. on Sunday ALL Pumpkins and their Prize Packages not yet picked up will be transported to the Children At Risk office located on the 2nd floor, suite 209, 235 Donald Street, Ottawa. ON K1K 1N1. The Children At Risk< telephone number is 613 741 8255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org The office will be manned on Monday from 9 a.m. to receive phone calls but can not accept walk-ins to pick up Pumpkin Packages until noon on wards. The office will close Monday evening at 8 p.m.
In the event that we have not heard from you or been able to establish contact with you by speaking to you in person or you calling us back by Noon on Tuesday 29th October, you will have forfeited your right as winner and the Pumpkin and prize package will be offered to the 2nd highest bidder.
The value of the prize package does not include the value of the pumpkin unless it has accessories. In the event that your pumpkin rots and is disposed of you may be offered an alternative pumpkin but this is not guaranteed. You will get the decoration accessories as part of your package.
What happens if I can’t collect my pumpkin or do not want my pumpkin?
Pumpkins will be kept until Tuesday evening 6 p.m. on 30th October at the Children At Risk offices. After this time they will all be disposed of. At the time of winning if you do not wish to have the pumpkin, please say so and it will be given to someone else. On occasions pumpkins rot and have to be disposed of during the auction period. This is outside of our control and we will try and replace it with another pumpkin but do not guarantee this.
What is the contact for each of the Mall Managers?
- Merivale Mall: Brenda Reisch cell 613 261-4442 Email: email@example.com
- Billings Bridge: Mark Lalonde cell 613-862-6732 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlingwood: Angele Jodouin cell 613-302-5943 Email: email@example.com
- Place d’Orleans: Nell Pocock cell 613-864-0612 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the closing times of each Mall?
- Billings Bridge Mall – 5 p.m.
- Carlingwood Shopping Centre - 6 p.m.
- Merivale Mall - 6 p.m.
- Place D’Orleans - 5 p.m.
FOR CHILDREN AT RISK
CELEBRITY PUMPKIN FUNDRAISER
Merivale Mall, Place d’Orleans, Carlingwood & Billings Bridge
Draw after October 28, 2018 from all 4 Locations
RAPTOR'S ROAD TRIP! VALUE $1,475
- 2 Platinum Tickets to Toronto Raptors VS. Cleveland Cavaliers
Friday, December 21, 7 PM, 2018, Row 7, Seats 27 & 28
Includes Access to the Chairman’s Suite!
- 1 Night’s Stay Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale Hotel
Includes Free Breakfast & Free Parking
- AVIS 3-Day Weekend Rental of Full Size Vehicle
RCA 50" 4K UHD Smart TV with Roku OS VALUE $575
4K | LED | 3x HDMI | 60Hz
16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6" tablet VALUE $330
1.2Ghz quad core processor, 1.5GB RAM, Android 5.0
DONATE $1 = 1 ballot
DONATE $2 = 2 ballots
DONATE $5 = 10 ballots
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE PUMPKIN OR PERSONALITY!
HELP CHILDREN WITH AUTISM!
We are now celebrating 23 years of sacrificing Pumpkins for Children at Risk in acknowledging October as Autism Awareness Month in Canada with our Celebrity Pumpkin Contest! This seasonal and fun event has helped not only to raise valuable funds for the Autism Community, but raise awareness about Autism and the challenges families experience raising a child with this disability.
As usual, our event will still start with our Celebrity-Reception at Merivale Mall on Thursday, October 25 10 am to Noon – join us for a meet & greet with the Pumpkin Celebrities! We will run an additional 3 days until Sunday, October 28 in 4 Shopping Centres (Friday to Sunday at the other 3 malls).
WE WILL CONTINUE WITH encouraging cash donations by giving Ballots that will be combined for all 4 Malls to draw for 3 WOW prizes. HOWEVER – This year we are going totally ON-LINE with our Vonality Fundraising Auction. But in order to make this event a success, we need many Volunteers to come forward to man the displays. THIS Event is one of the most high-profile events for Children at Risk, raising not only valuable funds but awareness and support! Many hands are needed, so please check your schedules and give a little time, even a few hours!! (note: Students can help get their high school hours with a Parent!)
(P.S. WE WILL BE CLEANING PUMPKINS ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21 AT MERIVALE MALL FARM BOY IN THE AFTERNOON – CAN YOU HELP?)
Here are the Mall Volunteer requirements (Please Note the change in Contact for Merivale Mall)
Thursday, October 25 – 9 AM (Reception at 10 AM) to 9 PM (we need extra at the Reception AND for Data Entry of Pumpkin Prizes)
Friday, October 26 – 9 AM to 9 PM
Saturday, October 27 – 9 AM to 9 PM
Sunday, October 28 – 10:30 AM to 6 PM
Please contact Brenda Reisch at 613-261-4442
Carlingwood Shopping Centre
Friday, October 26 – 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Saturday, October 27 – 9 AM to 7 PM
Sunday, October 28 – 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Please contact Angèle Jodouin at 613-302-5943
Billings Bridge Shopping Centre
Friday, October 26 – 9:30 AM to 9 PM
Saturday, October 27 – 9 AM to 6 PM
Sunday, October 28 – 10:30 AM to 5 PM
Please contact Mark Lalonde at 613-730-8058
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Gather Prizes for the Pumpkin on-line Auction (many of our Celebrity Carvers still love to Participate – but have less to offer for the Auction Prizes)
- Staff all the Mall Displays as Volunteers
- Recruit Pumpkin Celebrities – Individuals or Businesses