Walkin' and Rockin' for Risk
Fundraising Walk, Auction and BBQ
Sunday, May 28, 2017, 1-4pm
Hello Families and Supporters of Children At Risk,
We are so excited to be able to offer, through Canada Helps, the ability to Register and raise funds electronically this year for our "Walkin' & Rockin'" Walk on Sunday May 28, 2017.
Note, that if you prefer to gather cash and cheque pledges you still can by using the attached manual pledge forms as in past years. That has not changed.
Children At Risk would like to invite you to be either a Team Captain and build your dream team or sign up as a participant in the walk through Canada Helps.
Create your Team or Individual Fundraising Page and share your online fundraising campaign by following the simple set up steps at:
It is SO easy!
- click on the above link
- sign in by creating an account and follow the steps as requested to complete your registration
- sign up as an individual participant or as a team
- If you sign up as a team - invite friends to join your team
- through this site, you can tell your story, share your link through Facebook, Twitter and by sending this link by email to all your contacts to collect pledges and donations by credit card (this is a secure site)
- Tax receipts for your donors will be issued immediately by Canada Helps
We are fortunate that our Charity is located in a building withgreat amenities - Parking, Washrooms, a Covered Structure and lots of space for our Walk!
We really look forward to a terrific day of Fun and Fundraising -join us!
WHAT: 3rd Annual "Walkin' (& Rockin') for Risk - a fundraising Walk raise funds for Children at Risk!
WHEN: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 1-4 PM
WHERE: 235 Donald Street, in back of the building, around and under the covered structure WITH Honourary Walk Chair MPP Lisa MacLeod, Senator Jim Munson & "Eric The Intern" from CHEZ 106.1 FM as our MC
HOW: Registration details attached and online instructions above
WHY: To help raise funds to finance Children at Risk supports like Camp Kaleidoscope, Saturday Fun Club, Family Fun Nights, Sibling Workshops, Typical Teen & Social Skill Groups - and More! Children at Risk does not receive government funding and assists over 400 Member Families in the local Ottawa Community - and what is RAISED HERE - STAYS HERE!
- WALK - to be held behind 235 Donald Building - 1K, 3K & 5K -$25/Adult & $15/Child (can be paid in Pledges) - includes BBQ & "Pick-A-Prize" Draws
- MUSIC - provided by local band "Anthology" under covered Structure
- INFLATABLES - large slide & moon bounce
- FACE PAINTING & OTHER ACTIVITIES
- SILENT AUCTION
- MARKET PLACE WITH LOCAL VENDORS
- PLEDGE PRIZES & DRAWS - Prizes for Top Pledges & for every $25 in pledges, Participant receives a ticket for the "Pick-A-Prize" Draws
- SPRING RAFFLE LAUNCH
- BOOK SALE