NEW SATURDAY FOOD DONATION PROTOCOL
Please NOTE that ALL Food is to be handled by Gloved Volunteers when sorted – and they will be wearing Masks as well for Distribution. This does NOT indicate that they are infected – but that we are applying this extra layer of safety for your peace of mind (in case they might be asymptomatic).
If you are looking to come for Food – PLEASE read the NEW Protocol below CAREFULLY!
With the sharp increase daily in Identified Cases of the COVID 19 Virus – we feel we need to put in place a stricter list of Protocols:
- Location: The Food Donation will STILL take place at our Building at 235 Donald Street but NOT in our Offices – we will be setting it up downstairs NOW in the GYM.
- Enter Ground Level at Door E – This is at the BACK of the Building There is hand sanitizer now at the Door – please use this when you enter. Follow the Hall to the right up the Stairs – we will have you enter by a small door up on the STAGE. Parking is at Back or Church Parking Back Lot next door. Time & Arrival: We are still offering the Food from 2-3 PM BUT it will NOT be on a 1st come Basis – so please DO NOT arrive an hour early to be 1st in line! Once 2 PM arrives – I will go down the line and take names – that will then be drawn from – 1 at a time – for each Family to come and select their items one by one. So basically – it will be a Lottery Style for who comes in first and who comes in last. IF you arrive after 2 PM – you will be served after the others and in the order of arrival.
- Participants: We ask that – under these circumstances of having to wait to be served – and to respect the number of people coming that IF you can – come by yourself OR bring only one other person to assist – a mature teen or adult. PLEASE we ask that NO children attend. It will be difficult to control them for the personal distancing and not touching everything – plus they will have challenges waiting to be served. We understand that for many families it was a social outing to bring the children and select the food – but right now we need to keep the number of people in the building low as well as manage the Donation as efficiently as possible. (Note that you could still travel with your children, but have another Adult or older Teen who could walk them around the building while you are being served).
- Food Selection: Once we call you into the Food area (1 Family at a time from the Draw) – we are NOT allowing Foods to be touched. Often Families would look at several packages to get the best one – this will have to be done visually. We will ask you to identify what items you would like (called Shopping With Your Eyes!) and we will place them in your bag or a box. Some open items like apples, potatoes will be packaged up in small lots and given out this way.
- Finish and Exit: Once your Food is selected and placed – we will ask you to exit by the same Door.
**NOTE: CHILDREN AT RISK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE DONATED FOODS – WE ENDEAVOR TO OFFER FOODS THAT ARE SAFE TO EAT BUT ONCE THE RECIPIENT HAS ACCEPTED THE FOODS – THEY ARE THEN RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PROPER CARE AND CONSUMPTION.
>ADDITIONALLY – WHILE WE TRY TO TAKE TIME TO LOOK OVER THE DONATIONS AND DISPOSE OF OBVIOUS INEDIBLE ITEMS – WHEN DEALING WITH PRODUCE (FOR EXAMPLE) IT IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO PRESENT IT AS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD IN THE STORE – AND WE DO NOT HAVE A WAY OF DETERMINING THE QUALITY IF IT IS INSIDE ITS SKIN IE. PINEAPPLE, APPLES, ETC. WE ALSO ASK THAT IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT OUR CHARITY IS DONATED THESE ITEMS AS THEY HAVE OFTEN REACHED A BEST BEFORE DATE AND/OR HAVE SOME REDUCTION IN QUALITY. CHILDREN AT RISK IS NOT SELLING THE DONATED FOODS BUT OFFERING THEM FREE – AND YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO ACCEPT ITEMS OR NOT.