Children at Risk is delighted to be 1 of the 5 Recipient Charities for 2014 & 2015!
Each charity has requirements to fulfill to receive their funds – as well as help raise funds for the Dragon Boat Foundation!! The Following are activities we are responsible for:
- Providing Volunteers – our charity is required to provide 200 hours of Volunteer time – most shifts are 4 hours each – but Volunteers can choose how much they can give! On April 14, 2014, the Volunteer Sign-Up will go live and Volunteers can choose from dozens of assignment areas and times – from set-up to Festival duties to tear-down – what ever works for your schedule! Just make sure to credit Children at Risk when you sign up!! www.dragonboat.net/volunteer.aspx
- Raffle Tickets – The Ottawa Dragon Boat Foundation now has available Raffle tickets at $10 each. The Prizes are simple – 3 draws at $5,000, $3,000 & $2,000. Each Dragon Boat Charity has been asked to sell tickets as part of our involvement. Call or email CAR to get yours today!
- Silent Auction – Children at Risk is in charge of running the Silent Auction. All the charities involved are required to provide prizes, as well as the Foundation solicits prizes too...let us know if you can help in that area with donations!
- Dragon Boat Team – Children at Risk would love to enter a Dragon Boat Team – already pre-named the ``Risk Riders``!! CAR will cover the Registration Fee – what we will need is PADDLERS!! It involves:
- 20 Paddlers – at least 22 should be signed up so there are spares
- 2 Practices – Dragon Boat provides the Boats, Paddles & Life Jackets
- At least 2 Races on Saturday, June 21 – possibly Sunday if you do well!
- Pledges – as the fees for the Boat Registration are paid to the Dragon Boat Festival, it is only if Pledges are made that monies are then raised for the Foundation to support the Recipient Charities!
If you think you have the time and interest – go to http://www.dragonboat.net/teams/important-resources.aspx for more information on Teams – and contact Children at Risk to sign up!
Children at Risk will receive $25,000 (or more!) for 2014 & 2015 to support our Summer Day Camp, Camp Kaleidoscope!